Mahila Bachat Gat Registration
A Self-Help Group (SHG) is a community-based financial organization that is formed by a group of individuals who come together to pool their resources and save money. In India, SHGs are commonly known as “Mahila Bachat Gat” or “Women’s Savings Group,” and they are often formed by women from low-income households who lack access to formal financial services.
Objective of SHG
The main objective of SHGs is to promote financial inclusion and empower individuals, especially women, to take control of their financial lives. Members of an SHG contribute a small amount of money regularly, which is then used to create a savings fund that can be accessed by members in times of need. The group may also provide loans to members for income-generating activities, such as starting a small business or investing in agriculture.
NRLM Official Website : https://nrlm.gov.in
Mahila Bachat Gat Registration Process
Apart from financial benefits, SHGs provide a platform for social networking and mutual support, where members can share their experiences, skills, and knowledge. They also encourage women to take leadership roles and participate in decision-making processes, which helps to build their confidence and self-esteem.
In order to register a Mahila Bachat Gat, you need to follow these steps:
- Choose a group of 10-20 women who are interested in forming an MBG.
- Identify a leader who will be responsible for managing the group’s finances and operations.
- Select a name for the group and register it with the local government.
- Open a bank account in the group’s name and deposit an initial amount of money.
- Develop a set of bylaws and rules for the group, including the frequency and amount of savings contributions, loan policies, and decision-making procedures.
- Conduct regular meetings to discuss savings and loan activities, plan future projects, and resolve any issues or concerns.
- Seek guidance and support from local NGOs, government agencies, or other organizations that specialize in MBG formation and management.
For more information about Registration process, visit nearest CRP (Community Resource Person) in your area.
The registration process may vary depending on the location and the specific requirements of the government or financial institutions involved. It’s important to consult with local authorities and seek professional advice before starting a Mahila Bachat Gat.